Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Arlington PSA


If you happen to live in Arlingon and ever find yourself in need of a cab ride might I recommend EnviroCab (http://www.envirotaxicab.com/) soon to be the first carbon-negative taxicab company in the world.* This makes me so very happy because its a "no duh" type of thing that can be easily and locally done to ease our impact on the earth without relegating us all to self propelled vehicles. It just makes good sense.

*pending Arlington Transportation Commission's final approval of their taxi licenses.

Now I don't know if the cost of the cab is greater than normal, I don't know if they service National Airport, I don't know if they can travel into DC, I don't know if you'll be forced to listen to NPR or sing rounds of Koom By Ya, and I don't know how long you'd have to wait for one at 2:00am on a Saturday night. However, I have programmed their number into my phone and I am trying to convince my brother to give them a call for his upcoming trip. So I intend to give them a try.

If you live in Arlington, you should too. I mean normal cabs aren't so great that it isn't at least worth a shot. If nothing else they'll smell like patchouli instead of BO.

Ok so, sorry if you don't live in Arlington because I realize that this isn't much of a Public Service Announcement for you BUT it is helping to save your earth and perhaps there is something similar in your neck of the woods.

In case you were wondering, another way to keep up to date on Arlington news is the Arlington Alerts mailing list: https://www.arlingtonalert.com They just emailed me to tell me that the Orange line of the metro is experiencing significant delays. Boy I bet those commuters would love to know abut EnviroCab.

No comments: