Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Its Tuesday


I told you.

Eating into my BoSox joy is the fact that we have another dead mouse. It appears that there may not be a council of mouse elders sending out their more well evolved mice constituents to best our trap but rather a litter of orphaned baby mice almost too light to trip the trap. This is very distressing. . . probably more so for Kelly b/c I keep making her dispose of the little mouse bodies but I might have a solution. Check this out:


In other news, I would like someone to explain to me how a single word can mean BOTH of thee things: To utter in musical or prolonged tones, to recite in singing tones or in a monotone. That is the definition of the word intone, which I always thought meant the first part of the definition - to speak in a sing songy voice. Regardless, I don't see how one word can mean to speak in a sing songy voice AND to speak in monotone. Aren't those two thing pretty much mutually exclusive?

In case you were wondering, a US spacecraft has beamed back some first ever, high resolution images of Mercury. I wasn't really wondering about this but it was the only headline on cnn.com that I could bring myself to bother reading. I mean really here were my other options: "Rumors swirl that 'View' co-host is bolting", "Kimmel, Sarah Silverman back on", and "Power Ranger faces death penalty in yacht killing" Really?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you made a hinge out of some sort of tape (let's say duct tape), and put a light weight on the end away from the trash can (using peanut butter for bait), the mouse would get dropped into the trash can, and then would re-set for the next contestant . . . .