Friday, May 23, 2008

Mary Mary Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

It is growing quite well actually. Thanks for asking.

Despite the fact that in 2 short weeks giant baskets of farm fresh veggies are going to be appearing at Casa de Lexington I still decided to undertake a garden of my very own . . . well of my own and Kelly's as she's done this before and I am but a neophyte. Also, I have hired my mom as our Gardening Consultant, I'll be paying her in yellow squash. Anyway, so far I love it. I now own gardening tools and I know what peat moss is. I do think I need to get a big floppy hat and some galoshes (my running shoes are covered in dirt) but other than that I think we're all set. I planted the last of the veggies last night and now we're off to the races.

Garden inventory:
variety of red peppers
jalapeno peppers
chocolate peppers
variety of basil plants
tomatoes
yellow squash
birdhouse gourds
burpless cucumber (yes that is a real variety, apparently it is the seeds of a cucumber that make you burp so burpless cucumbers have smaller seeds - personally cucumbers don't make me burp but apparently they do have that effect on enough people that it called for creating a burpless variety)

Sadly there are no silver bells, and cockle shells, or pretty maids all in a row but I think its a pretty little patch none the less.



No comments: