Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm a Sheep, or is it a Lemming?

Ok so I feel compelled to confess that I have yet again been ensnared by Apple's annoyingly infectious spot on advertising. Yup, I bought the song that plays as they in their new Apple iBook commercials. And here's the thing, I bought it on iTunes for pete sake. And here's the other thing, I watch about 3 hours of TV a week. And in those 3 hours I probably heard that song play for approximately 6.4 seconds. And yet, it still managed to embed itself so ferociously into my right brain that I just paid .99 for the ability to listen to it whenever I want and without having Apple try to sell me a laptop.

In case you were wondering, the name of the song is New Soul by Yael Naim. Other songs on this album include such titles as Shelcah, Yashanti, and 7 Baboker.

No comments: